HBABCs has participated in several projects in conjunction with NACDD. Bill Benson co-led an initiative for CDC to identify key policy strategies and actions to improve uptake of clinical preventive services among adults age 50 and older. He also co-led an initiative to create a public health framework for Lupus. HBABCs staff also developed a series of critical issues briefs that have been cited prolifically.
- Serve as steering committee member for lupus project.
- Collaborated on the development of conference agendas, securing speakers and evaluation of an in-person stakeholders conference.
- Meeting facilitation for multi-day conference convened in Washington, DC.
- Provide subject matter expertise on aging and preventive services.
- Critical Issues Brief: CDC Focuses on Need for Older Adults to Receive Clinical Preventive Services
- Critical Issues Brief: CDC Seeks to Protect Older Adults with Shingles Vaccine Message
- Critical Issues Brief: CDC Urges Older Adults to Improve Health, Increase Longevity, through Smoking Cessation
- Critical Issues Brief: CDC Aims to Prevent Oral Diseases Among Older Americans
- Critical Issues Brief: Caregiving in Indian Country: Tribes Supporting Family Traditions
- Critical Issues Brief: Moving Beyond Paradigm Paralysis: American Indian End-of-Life Care
- Critical Issues Brief: Caregiving in Indian Country: Conversations with Family Caregivers
- Critical Issues Brief: Diabetes and Depression Among American Indian and Alaska Native Elders