HBABCs provides ongoing policy support and subject matter expertise to NAPSA. Bill Benson serves as NAPSA’s national policy adviser and Kendra Kuehn serves as public policy analyst for this client.
- Routinely fulfills speaking engagement requests to discuss the issue of elder abuse and APS role in addressing these issues.
- Organized and participated in Congressional visits on an ongoing basis.
- Conducted comprehensive analysis of Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) funding to APS providers and developed technical brief and multiple Congressional visits to share findings from the analysis.
- Served as liaison to the Leadership Council On Aging (LCOA) on behalf of the organization.
- Actively participated in planning and implementation for the White House Conference on Aging as a member of the LCOA.
- Served as subject matter expert and participated in technical advisory panel to provide ongoing support to local APS programs in need.
- Created plan to evaluate the effectiveness of APS programs investigating alleged elder abuse.
- Developed and analyzed annual user satisfaction surveys.
- Conducted program evaluation for federally funded grant activities.
- Analyzed and compiled technical assistance bulletins.